There lies an inherent connection between the corporate sector and teamwork. According to eminent corporate and business tycoons, the success of a company solely depends on two factors (I) The functionality of teams, (ii) coordination between the team members. Therefore, team building activities have become very popular among the business houses. Hundreds of team building and several icebreaking exercises have been developed by different organizations. These exercises help to create a strong bond between the team members and it gives rise to a work-friendly atmosphere.
These corporate team building activities can vary depending on the goals and the lengths of the teams, but those introductory programs should have the following characteristics.
• Developing a comfort level
The primary objective of such a program is to create a comfort level among the participants, such as they need to know the names and basic information of the people with whom they are building a relationship.
• Developing trust
Development of trust is another important aspect of corporate team building activities. A group which acts together and takes care of its members creates a sense of trustworthiness among themselves. Thus they become more social, emotionally, intellectually and even spiritually close to each other.
The theme of such programs should be to cooperate in a fun and engaging way. This will reinforce a problem-solving skill and trust level among the group.
How a corporate organization should proceed?
Sometimes it is not clear how a cross-team project should proceed; the following steps may help to accomplish some target as a group which an individual cannot achieve.
• It is necessary to set up some basic parameters, a goal for the next meeting and everyone’s role.
• Some framing questions are to be asked, Such as 1) Why are they so far? 2) Can they report the status of the project? 3) What can be achieved from the meeting etc.?
• At the next meeting it has to be asked that 1) The best way to reach goal 2) Should they brainstorm or share what they have prepared. 3) Have to throw around some options and to decide how to proceed.
• Have to make an assignment base on 1) What should be their action item? 2) The best person to focus on particular action. 3) How should they make it possible? 3) Their deadline of the project 4) the next steps.
Some of the factors that can be achieved from those exercises are
• Problem solving
• Decision making
• Access strength and weakness
Those activities have to be the lead in such a manner that the participants understand that to which extent they have to participate. Each person has to be encouraged to communicate up to their comfort level and they can participate at the level they choose whether full, partial or none.